Monday, February 18, 2008

Dealing with the underlying layers seems to be a slow process...

Dealing with the underlying layers seems to be a slow process, but I still believe it will be the most successful one.

When I met my husband 15 and a half years ago, I was close to the weight I am know. Unfortunately I seemed to live in black spandex leggings and big baggy black t-shirts.

He fell in love with me despite my size and atrocious appearance. This has since become my safety nets of sorts.
Knowing that he loved me the way I was then, is like a security blanket that I have yet to untangle myself from. He would like me to lose weight and become healthier (as do I), but he does not push it and does not get nasty with me over it.
I do work out 2-3 times a week for half an hour, as that is when we work out together. He is super skinny and does not need to push himself further, whereas I on the other hand am a different story.
I eat well, but not as well as I should and as I have stated... I do work out, although it is no where near as much as I should to actually make a positive difference.

So what is holding me back from doing what I know I need to do?
I know I want to lose at least 70lbs and look and feel sexier, healthier and stronger. I can see it! I can see me! It's the manifesting part that has my feet still in the thick black mud and the fuzzy warm blanket securely wrapped around me.

Why is that? What am I not yet facing?

No comments: